Diabetes and Prediabetes Clients
As a dietetic professional, you encounter clients with diabetes and prediabetes who may need special care to enable their physical activity participation and enhance their athletic performance. You need to understand the basics about the responses to physical training in this population, how fast to have them progress, and what barriers may stand in their way. Once you have this basic knowledge, you will be better prepared to advise them on how to train safely and effectively.
- Understand the usual responses to various types of physical activity in people with diabetes or prediabetes and how that may differ from normal.
- Describe the keys to exercise success for these individuals and how to achieve them.
- Identify the types of physical training appropriate for your diabetes clients to keep them performing optimally and free of injury.
- Address the typical barriers to exercise participation and how to help your clients overcome them.
What You Get
- Exam: 10 multiple choice questions. Downloadable. Unlimited retakes. View our "How It Works" video.
- Video: View online with exam purchase.
Continuing Education Info
Professionally accepted for continuing education. View info.
This course is also accepted by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and may be used towards the continuing professional education unit (CPEU) requirement for dietetic professionals (RDNs & NDTRs).